In the field of contamination control we are developing or adapting analytical methods and sample preparation methods to provide emerging solutions for our partners. More Moore as well as More-than-Moore applications are being addressed. With feature sizes shrinking, thinner layers, new materials, 3D integration and more complex designs, contamination control is a constant challenge and a prerequisite for a continuous quality control and achieving high yields in the manufacturing processes.
Our focus is the development of advanced contamination control methods for yield enhancement. Solutions for characterizing wafers, processes, media, materials, and equipment concerning their contamination behaviour, for determining contamination sources, and for certifying cleanroom suitability are being developed together with partners. The characterization methods include the analysis of organic contamination.
For more information: click here
Tools: TD-GCMS, ATD Turbomatrix 650, thermal desorption oven (TDO) for wafers, microchamber
- Sample size
- Cartridge Adsorbents for sampling VOCs, ∅4.8mm, 70mm length
- Wafer diameter up to 300mm
- Material, 3×3×50mm
- Microchamber, for surface emission ∅64mm, for bulk emission up to ∅50mm, and 30mm height
- Temperature range
- Microchamber: Ambient up to 250°C
- Material: Depends on material (50 up to 300°C)
- Nano for Quantum Technologies
- Disruptive Devices
- Advanced Integration
Key Enabling Technologies
- Metrology / Characterisation: Contamination Control
Fraunhofer offers analytical capabilities, research and development to partners who do not have their own capabilities.