Lithography platform: Nanostructuring with Electron beam lithography Ebeam and reactive ion etching RIE
- Lab-to-Fab services (fundamental tests, feasibility studies, development of materials and technologies and scale up).
- Lab Metrology for material analysis with Time-of-flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (ToF-SIMS) Hard and soft x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (HAXPES/ XPS), EFTEM/EELS, EDX and TXRF allows the determination which element is in the sample and even the kind of bonding is obtainable.
- With X-ray Diffraction (XRD), TKD/EBSD, HR-TEM, Raman Spectroscopy and AFM it is more the Morphology and crystalline phase accessible.
- For Thickness measurement a range of analysis options are available from SEM/TEM, X-ray reclectometry (XRR) and Spectroscopic Ellipsometry to calculative methods like angle resolved XPS (ARXPS) and Rs-Mapping (sheet resistance).
Method Tool Details:
- ToF-SIMS 300R (IonTof) Cs, O, Bi, 200 eV – 10 kV
- TEM F20 Tecnai (FEI) 200 kV, STEM, EDX, EELS, EFTEM, Diffraction (resolution down to ~0.1nm)
- REM S5000 10 kV (Hitachi) SE (SEM; resolution down to ~1nm)
- FIB Strata 400 (FEI) Dualbeam, Omniprobe, STEM mode
- AFM/PFM Cypher (Asylum Research, OxInst) Piezo force mode
- Confocal Microscope µsurf (Nanofokus) Mobile
- XRD/XRR D8 Discover (Bruker AXS) GID, symmetrical, HR, 1dim PSD, mri T-chamber
- TXRF S2 Picofox (Bruker AXS) Metals <1010 at/cm2, liquids
- FT-IR IR 640 (Varian) ATR, GIR, DLaTGS, 7800-350cm-1
- Porosimetry EP 5 (Sopralab)
- Raman InVia (Renishaw) Nanospot
- XPS/HAXPES Quantes (Phi): Cr and Al- Source
- Nano for Quantum Technologies
- Disruptive Devices
- Advanced Integration
Key Enabling Capability
- Metrology / Characterisation: Physical & Failure Analysis
Fraunhofer offers research and development to partners do not have their own manufacturing possibilities. Therefore small companies which are capable to fill structures in the 28nm technology node and below are not necessarily able to measure small voids in the nm range. So they are dependent on the customer, but if some preliminary results are necessary for R&D our infrastructure can support them.