The gas sensor testbed allows the characterization of all type of gas sensors towards various target gases (e.g. volatile organic compounds – VOCs, etc. Permeation tubes for over 500 chemicals are available on the market) in the relevant concentrations (typical concentration of 10-100 ppm (2500 cc/min – 250 cc/min) by using controlled gas mixtures at different temperature (30-150°C – heat only) and humidity (10%-90% rH) levels.
To calibrate the gas sensor systems and to perform correlation measurements the gas sensor testbed includes the possibility to use classical sampling methods and standard analytical methods (in the lab or in the field).
For more information: click here
- For testbed: Air pollutant test chamber, permeation oven
- For calibration: Passive sampling adsorbents, ATD Turbomatrix 650, TD-GCMS; impingers, IC 5000 plus
- Container volume:10 L stainless steel
- Moisture range: 10–90 %
- Temperature range: 15–90°C
- Air exchange rate: 5–50 1/h
- Exhaust air: max. 60 L/min
- Advanced Integration
Key Enabling Capability
- Metrology / Characterisation: Contamination Control
Fraunhofer offers analytical capabilities, research and development to partners who do not have their own capabilities.
The gas sensor testbed is for manufacturers or users of gas sensors (e.g. sensors for relative humidity or temperature, special gas sensors).