Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope
Quanta 650 is a highly versatile environmental scanning electron microscope (ESEM) that is able to operate under high vacuum, low vacuum and extended vacuum (ESEM) conditions, enabling the characterisation of uncoated samples in their original state. It operates with a Schottky field emission gun that provides high beam intensity and stability. The electron acceleration voltage ranges from 1 to 30 kV.
- Voltage: 1–30kV
- SEM imaging with a resolution of about 1nm at 30kV
- Low vacuum/Environmental SEM Imaging of uncoated materials
- Cooling/Heating stage (in-situ): -20°C to 1500°C
- SE/BSE/EDXS detectors (Topographical/Structural analysis/Chemical analysis)
- Large chamber that can hold samples of up to 25cm in diameter
- A multi-holder allows loading of up to 16 samples simultaneously
- Nano for Quantum Technologies
- Disruptive Devices
- Advanced Integration
Key Enabling Technologies
- Metrology/Characterisation: Physical characterisation
A user needs to monitor the device after each fabrication step. The characterisation of samples can be performed without prior modification (such as coating), even if they are non-conductive. High throughput of different samples is achieved as up to 16 samples, e.g., after different fabrication steps, can be loaded simultaneously.