ASCENT+ provides easy access to state-of-the-art facilities at CEA-Leti in France, Fraunhofer in Germany, imec in Belgium, INL in Portugal and Tyndall National Institute in Ireland.
The Research Accelerator Programme gives early career researchers an on-site introduction to the technology/facilities available through ASCENT+. ASCENT+ will sponsor PhD students and early-career postdoctoral researchers to attend advanced nanoelectronics technology training courses at Tyndall. This will give the ASCENT+ sponsored researchers a clear insight to nanofabrication and outline how they can benefit from the ASCENT+ offerings to accelerate their own research. An expected outcome of the programme is that sponsored researchers will apply for access at Tyndall and/or one of the other facilities to enhance their studies.
|Upcoming Training Events|
|Tyndall National Institute
|Nanoelectronics Fabrication and Characterisation||3 days||6-8 September 2022|
If you are interested on attending one of these training events, getting ASCENT+ support, please fill this online form. For more detailed information go to Research Accelerator Info below. An ASCENT+ panel will review all applications and select the most suitable.
N.B.: Applicants may only apply for courses outside their university/institute country. Successful candidates may not re-apply for further courses.
ASCENT+ Research Accelerator courses (2022)
ASCENT+ Research Accelerator
- Who should apply
- Any PhD student or early-career postdoctoral researcher (up to 2 years after their PhD) interested in nanoscale fabrication and nanoelectronics characterisation of next generation materials and devices, who is based outside the Republic of Ireland.
- Tuesday 6th – Thursday 8th September (3 days) at Tyndall National Institute, Cork (Ireland)
- This course is free of charge to successful applicants. Flights, accommodation and subsistence will be covered, with a maximum allowance of €400 for return flights (receipt required) and a daily allowance (per diem) of €130 to cover accommodation and subsistence. Any additional costs must be met by the attending PhD students or their Universities.
- Use the Online Application Form above. Deadline for applications is Thursday 30th June 2022
- Selection process
- An ASCENT+ panel at Tyndall National Institute will review all applications and select up to 6 most suitable candidates. The decision of the panel will be final.
Nanoelectronics Fabrication, Characterisation and Devices
Tyndall National Institute, Cork, Ireland
This short course will involve hands-on practical training on fabrication and characterisation of nanoelectronic technologies.The topics covered will include:
- Nanofabrication: e-beam lithography, molecular doping, etching, and metal/dielectric deposition in the nanoscale
- Characterisation techniques: electrical, optical and magnetic, physical
- Materials growth (ALD, CVD, MOVPE) and device fabrication (2D materials and quantum devices)
Programme overviewThe course is divided into 6 modules
|Module 1||Introduction to nanofabrication|
|Module 2||Metals and dielectrics|
|Module 3||Physical characterisation|
|Module 4||Electrical and optical characterisation|
|Module 5||Advanced materials and integration into devices|
|Module 6||Future issues – ASCENT+ Offer|
|Research Accelerator – Tyndall, 6-8 September 2022|